Check Out Our Groceries Section
- We offer an amazing variety of groceries: from quick snacks to everything you need for dinner, organic to conventional, ethnic to main-stream American; always with an emphasis on supporting our local New England producers.
- Throughout the year, our produce department carries a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, both organic and conventional. We also support the Local Hero program of Communities Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) and provide fresh produce from our local farms in season. These include sweet corn from Field Farm, potatoes from Donovan Farm in Hawley, apples and cider from Apex Orchards, and a variety of fresh produce from Three Sisters, Patty Flat Farm, Seeds of Solidarity, and others.
- In the cooler, we have local eggs and milk, yogurt and kefir, seitan and tofu. We carry a wonderful selection of cheeses, from goat and brie to American and cream cheese. Our cheese selection includes Neighborly Farms, Taylor, and Chase Hill Farm cheeses. On Tuesdays and Fridays, we have fresh meat, and we always have some frozen meats and seafood, including organic.
- Are you interested in grains, rice, flour, legumes, dried fruit, nuts, granola, and all sorts of snacks? Our aisle of bulk bins supplies them in just the amounts you want, at reasonable prices. Visit our bulk section of herbs and spices, too.
- We carry over 20 varieties of organic, shade-grown and Fair Traded locally blended and roasted coffee beans. Our in-store grinder allows you to make the perfect grind for your coffee maker at home. We also have a wide selection of herbal and green teas.
- Check out the freezer for quick meals, frozen meat and fish, veggies, specialty breads, and ice cream and frozen treats.
- We also offer a gourmet array of fine chocolates and cookies, as well as old favorites. Chips galore and drinks for all.
- The international aisle provides basic (and some not-so-basic) supplies for Mexican, Indian, and Asian cooking, as well as prepared foods from those cuisines.
- If you use an item regularly, pre-order in quantity and save money. Pre-orders are priced at a small mark-up over the wholesale price (smaller markup for members!). Catalogs, order forms, and pricing information are in the Schmooze Space.
Leverett Village Coop (413) 367-9794
180 Rattlesnake Gutter RD
Leverett MA 01054
Posted by COOP - October 25, 2009